Everywhere you look, people are jumping on the cycling bandwagon. I love to cycle and it’s no surprise given the many health benefits associated with cycling.
It’s one of the easiest ways to exercise; you can ride a bike almost anywhere, at any time of the year, and without spending a fortune. Most of us know how to cycle and once you have learned, you don’t forget. Let’s look at the major benefits:
1) Builds strength and muscle tone. It is not an activity that solely involves the legs but builds strength in every single part of the body.
2) Increases muscle tone, especially in the legs, quads, butt and hips.
3) Improves cardiovascular fitness; cycling uses the largest muscle groups the legs, raising the heart rate to benefit stamina and fitness.
4) Improves co-ordination – arm-to-leg, feet-to-hands, body-to-eye coordination.
5) Reduces stress – outdoors is always a great way to be with nature and feel the fresh air. Guaranteed to takes one’s mind out of everyday life stress and rejuvenates the soul.
Increase speed gradually.